This flavourful hummus was the star of my best selling mango coconut wrap at the Banff Farmers Market this past summer! It is pictured here in a raw Ezekiel wrap with kale, olives, and home made sauerkraut (a recipe that I promise to share!) Ezekiel wraps are found in the freezer section of your natural foods store.
You can also substitute a 14 oz. can of organic chickpeas for the cashews.
Feel free to skip the wrap altogether and just scoop it up by the mouthful with organic sliced veggies!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours (Alternatively you can use a 14 oz. can of drained organic chickpeas)
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. of ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 two inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. raw tahini (or not raw if difficult to find)
- 1 tsp. himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup fine unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
Combine all but the coconut and cilantro in a food processor. Process until smooth with a hummus-like consistency. Adjust seasonings if desired. Add the coconut and pulse a few times to incorporate into the mix. Scoop into a container and stir in the cilantro by hand.
Store sealed in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.