I just made a big batch of this granola for my son Noah who is living in Revelstoke and thought I would share the recipe. Its the perfect breakfast before a day in the mountains! I love it with fresh hazelnut milk and sliced banana. Feel free to mix and match the nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
- 5 cups of organic gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup of unsweetened ribbon coconut
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. of true cinnamon (Ceylon Cinnamon)
- 1 cup of raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic raisins
Preheat the oven to 240 F.
Combine all ingredients except for the raisins in a large bowl. (The raisins get added at the end to prevent them from burning in the oven)
Mix well with your hands to coat the ingredients well with the oil and maple syrup. Spread onto a large cookie sheet as evenly as possible.
Bake for 40 min. stirring a few times as it bakes to ensure that it is evenly browned. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool before adding the raisins. Store in an airtight container.