This is an easy upgrade to the classic artichoke dip made with mayo and loads of cheese! Raw cashews pureed with tapioca four make a decadent dip that can also be tossed with gluten free pasta to make a dairy free alfredo-like sauce.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for at least one hour
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tbsp.of tapioca starch (if you can’t find this you can blend tapioca pearls in a high speed blender until powdered. It won’t be quite as gooey but still works!)
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. himalayan pink salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots peeled and minced
- 1 can of non-marinated artichoke hearts, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups of baby kale, stems removed, chopped
Drain the soaked cashews and rinse well. Combine cashews with water, tapioca, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and garlic in a high speed blender until silky smooth.
Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat stirring constantly until it warms and thickens. Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a small frypan, saute the minced shallot until translucent. Add the kale and chopped artichoke hearts. Stir over medium heat until the kale has wilted.
Stir the shallot, kale, and artichoke mixture into the cashew cream. Spoon into a ceramic bowl or baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 20 min.
Serve with crackers, carrot and celery sticks, and sliced cucumber to dip!